Wesley's Blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

My First Day of School

Here I am at the end of my first day in school! I chose my outfit this morning, don't I look snazzy?

I just couldn't sleep last night. I stayed up until 10 and then woke up at 6. Daddy and I had oatmeal together and I had some grapes. He took me to school a little bit early with all the things that were on the list: blanket and pillow for nap time, extra clothes, pull ups and snacks and water for emergencies. I didn't want to let go of his hand, then I had him pick me up. When it was time for him to go I started crying. Miss Maria held me and took me to look at some toys.

I was fine every time we were outside...no crying. When we came inside, I'd cry for a little bit and then I'd be okay again. I really liked Miss Juliana and was fine when she was around. I had a great time at circle time. I shouted out answers and really liked the book we read today called "Me Too". Miss Marcella, the director, was there during circle time and she and I laughed about "me too". We were still laughing about it later in the day.

I ate my taco for lunch, but passed on the apple sauce - I'd had enough of that when I hurt my teeth. I even took a nap for about an hour! When I woke up, we had another snack. When a little girl's daddy came to pick her up, I got sad. I was back inside the room with Miss Maria even though the other kids were outside. I was looking out the window and saw my Mommy. I was so happy even though I was crying. I tried to get out the door, but the daddy made sure it was closed. I know he wanted me to be safe, but I was so mad because I wanted to get to my mommy.

We showed Mommy the play area while Miss Maria was changing a diaper. When she came outside, she brought Mommy a paper. She was talking about changing diapers so Mommy asked me "did you go pee pee in your pull-up?" I said, "no, I dry!" Miss Maria showed Mommy on the sheet how many times I'd gone pee pee in the potty during the day..."4 times?!" Mommy asked. I nodded proudly.

I waved "bye bye" when it was time to go. I was asking for chips as we left (I saw something that looked like chips on the counter...nothing gets by me). Mommy gave me a BIG apple when we got in the car. I ate 3/4 of that and a juice box and some Reese's Pieces that my Auntie Tina gave me at Daddy's school. When we got home, I ate my dinner and drank a bunch of water...I was hungry and thirsty AND happy! I ran around the house playing chase with Mommy (she had to work for this picture). I was singing "Supercalafragilisticexbealidocious" and "Open, Shut Them" all night! I'm ready to go back to school tomorrow...it's hot dog day!