Changes - Part 3 - My Big Boy Bed
[Remember, there was a blog drought over the summer...we're still catching up. This is the last of my "catch up" posts.]
The title says it all - I sleep in a big boy bed now! Actually, this started the week before a holiday Mommy and Daddy called "Labor Day". That Friday night, I slept in my crib, like usual. On Saturday at nap time, I announced that I was going to sleep in my "big boy bed". This bed has always been in my room - I even shot some pee pee across the room onto it when I was just a couple of days old! But, I finally decided to check it out.
Mommy said it was okay and she put up a padded railing that came from my cousin Emily. I climbed in and layed down, but I got a little scared and asked to go back to my crib. So, that was the last time I slept in my crib. That night, I wanted to try again. I think Mommy and Daddy were a little skeptical, but they went along with it. Mommy said, "you have to stay in bed. If you get up, you're going to have to sleep in your crib again." I agreed and stayed there the whole night.
How cool it was to get up and walk into my Mommy and Daddy's room to cuddle in the morning! Every time I get up now, I close my door and come down the hall to see Mommy and Daddy.
I've been very good about sleeping in my big boy bed. I don't climb out repeatedly when it's bed time. Once I've gotten as many books out of Mommy and Daddy as I can, I lay there and read a few to myself before I fall asleep. Lately, though, I've discovered the wonders of telling Mommy and Daddy that I have to go "poo poo" right at bed time. That's usually good for a half hour or so of staying up. I've been doing this for a couple of days now and they're starting to catch on to me. Last night, they finally told me they were going to bed and to call them when I was done. It wasn't so much fun hanging out in the bathroom by myself. I tried this again at naptime today, but didn't get to far. I didn't bother tonight...I was tired!
The title says it all - I sleep in a big boy bed now! Actually, this started the week before a holiday Mommy and Daddy called "Labor Day". That Friday night, I slept in my crib, like usual. On Saturday at nap time, I announced that I was going to sleep in my "big boy bed". This bed has always been in my room - I even shot some pee pee across the room onto it when I was just a couple of days old! But, I finally decided to check it out.
Mommy said it was okay and she put up a padded railing that came from my cousin Emily. I climbed in and layed down, but I got a little scared and asked to go back to my crib. So, that was the last time I slept in my crib. That night, I wanted to try again. I think Mommy and Daddy were a little skeptical, but they went along with it. Mommy said, "you have to stay in bed. If you get up, you're going to have to sleep in your crib again." I agreed and stayed there the whole night.
How cool it was to get up and walk into my Mommy and Daddy's room to cuddle in the morning! Every time I get up now, I close my door and come down the hall to see Mommy and Daddy.
I've been very good about sleeping in my big boy bed. I don't climb out repeatedly when it's bed time. Once I've gotten as many books out of Mommy and Daddy as I can, I lay there and read a few to myself before I fall asleep. Lately, though, I've discovered the wonders of telling Mommy and Daddy that I have to go "poo poo" right at bed time. That's usually good for a half hour or so of staying up. I've been doing this for a couple of days now and they're starting to catch on to me. Last night, they finally told me they were going to bed and to call them when I was done. It wasn't so much fun hanging out in the bathroom by myself. I tried this again at naptime today, but didn't get to far. I didn't bother tonight...I was tired!
