Changes - Part 1 - Tooth Update

It's been a LONG time since my last post and a LOT has happened! The updates will be broken into a few posts, but we'll try to catch up!
After my last post, we went back to Dr. Navarro's office. MY mommy and MY daddy promised me that there would be "no owies", but I still started crying when I got to the office. A lady came out to see us in the waiting room. She said her name was "Dr. Jen" and that she was the "anesthesiologist". That meant something to Mommy and Daddy, but to me just was just another person in oversized blue clothes. She gave me some kind of shot that made me very confused. I tried hard to stay awake - Dr. Jen said she'd never seen a kid fight the medicine so hard. Mommy started crying as I fell asleep because I wasn't myself and she said I just got all "floppy".
When it was all done, they brought me out the the room back to MY mommy. I was still "floppy" like a new baby (only about 5 times as heavy as one). As soon as I could say "I want to go home", they let me go. Mommy and Daddy kept talking about how great it was that I had "no cavities" and what a good job I was doing brushing my teeth. They showed me the patched tooth. It looked really white compared to my others. Dr. Navarro said that once I got my new ones that they would all look the same.
That week it was over 100 degrees everyday. We went in the pool one night at 10:00 (yes, Mommy and Daddy let me stay up late AND we got to sleep on the air beds downstairs in the living room...how fun)...Mommy and Daddy were laughing because they said my new tooth glowed in the pool light! I couldn't see it, but I laughed too!
After we got back from NY (trip highlights to be covered in another post), we went back to see Dr. Navarro. We practiced how to open my mouth for the doctor, but when we walked in the office, I was still really scared. Mommy and Daddy again promised "no owies", but I wasn't so sure.
Dr. Navarro explained she had to make my new teeth fit properly in my mouth and that all I had to do was open it. I was crying, but I tried really hard to follow her directions. She kept telling me I was doing a great job, but just when I thought she was done, she'd take it out again and use some kind of tool on it. She had to put it in and take it out 4 or 5 times. Every time I'd get relaxed with Mommy and then I'd have to lay down again and open my mouth. Finally she put some icky tasting paste on it and put it back. She told me not to move it. I nodded and said okay. They are mounted on a plate and are held in by bands around my molars. Mommy said she used to have bands like that when she had braces...hopefully I'll never need those.
No crunchy or hard food for 3 days, so I got my favorite for breakfast...McDonald's yogurt parfait (no granola this time)! I kept feeling my new teeth with my tongue, but I was very careful not to move them. Mommy and Daddy were very happy because I started to regain my confidence with eating and speaking. I was happy because I could eat apple and carrots again - I couldn't do that when I was missing my teeth!
Mommy and Daddy say that brushing my teeth is even more important now be cause we have to make sure that nothing gets stuck in my new teeth. Most of the time I'm pretty good about it. I'll brush first and then Mommy or Daddy will check it and brush some more. I really like it when we get food out - I get to wash it down the drain! I've discovered how much fun flossing can be...particularly taking the floss out of the container. I try to wrap it around my fingers but it usually ends up around my whole hand. Mommy's been working on it with me and I'm getting better. I'm very good with the kid flossing tools, but Mommy had to take them out of the drawer because I would use too many at the same time...so many colors to choose from!
The picture at the top of this post is me with my new teeth...you can't even tell! [As you can tell, I have a "cheese" smile...]
